"You Don't Know Snack!"

OK, it's a poor pun, but here is a challenging list of 50 Velma/Scooby trivia questions. Read each question and write down your answers. When you are done, click on the answers link at the bottom of the page and see how well you did! 

If you want to print the quiz out, click here for a printable version. 

This quiz was authored by Roby Graham from our Yahoo Groups.

ENJOY !

.  

1. Scooby-Doo’s earliest roots can be traced to the days of Old-Time Radio. Name the program that inspired Hanna-Barbera to create Scooby-Doo?
A. Suspense
B. I Love a Mystery
C. Dragnet
D. The Adventures of Phillip Marlowe
2. What was the original name of the show?
A. Four Kids and a Dog
B. Mystery Inc.
C. Mystery Five
D. Ghostbusters
3. True or False, Heather North (The Voice of Daphne) was once a regular on the popular soap opera Days of our Lives?
True
False
4. What kind of dog was Scooby to be originally?
A. Sheep Dog
B. Bassett Hound
C. Beagle
D. Great Dane
5. What network never aired Scooby-Doo?
A. CBS
B. ABC
C. The WB
D. NBC
6. According to fans and books, what is Daphne’s height and weight?
A. 5’ 4” 110 LBS
B. 5’ 7” 115 LBS
C. 5’ 9” 130 LBS
D. 5’ 5” 100 LBS
7. What was the title of the first Scooby-Doo episode?
A. Mine of your own business
B. A clue for Scooby-Doo
C. What a night for a knight 
D. Scooby-Doo and a mummy too
8. True or False, Linda Cardellini who played Velma in the live action movies, once was a contestant on The Price is Right?
True
False
9. Of Fred, Velma, or Daphne the one who returned to the series in 1983?
Fred
Velma
Daphne
10. What year was musical numbers added to the show?
A. 1970
B. 1969
C. 1972
D. 1976
11. Each one of the following choices Mystery Inc. had been with more than once in the series “The New Scooby-Doo Movies”. But which one did they appear with three times?
A. Batman and Robin
B. Don Knotts
C. The Harlem Globetrotters
D. The Three Stooges
12. Which one of the Mystery Inc teens has never driven the Mystery Machine?
A. Fred
B. Daphne
C. Velma
D. Shaggy
E. All have driven
13. True or False, Shaggy wore a red t-shirt and blue jeans in “The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo”?
True
False
14. What was the name of the magazine Freddy always talked about in “A pup named Scooby-Doo”?
A. The National Enquirer
B. The National Examiner
C. The National Exaggerator
D. The National Entertainer
15. In 1976, while solving a mystery in an ice cream factory, Mystery Inc. gave the 3 phantoms they were chasing “flavored” names. What were they?
A. Chocolate Chip, Pistachio, Butter Pecan
B. Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry
C. Lemon, Lime, Orange
D. Rocky Road, Peppermint Stick, Fudge Ripple
16. Also in 1976, while solving a mystery in a toy factory, what did Daphne and Velma do to get a valuable coin away from a faceless zombie?
A. Pretended to be statues
B. Pretended to be toys and snatched the coin
C. Played dead
D. Played ring around the Rosie
17. True or False, when Velma loses her glasses, they are often within her reach?
True
False
18. Recently, Velma did a commercial for Dove shampoo with two other Hanna-Barbera female characters. Jane Jetson was one, who was the other?
A. Pebbles Flintstone
B. Daphne Blake
C. Wilma Flintstone
D. Penelope Pitstop
19. When Scooby-Doo first aired in 1969, what event didn’t occur that year?
A. Man walks on the moon
B. Joe Namath guaranteed victory in Super Bowl III
C. Richard Nixon resigned
D. Woodstock festival takes place
20. While helping actress Sandy Duncan, Daphne became her stunt double. Why?
A. No one else available
B. Velma was too short
C. Daphne had the same hairstyle as Sandy Duncan when she wore a wig
D. Fred didn’t look good in a dress
21. What network originally aired the program?
A. ABC
B. FOX
C. NBC
D. CBS
22. Which Mystery Inc. member wasn’t hypnotized by the “Ghost Clown” in the classic episode “Bedlam under the Bigtop”?
A. Fred
B. Daphne
C. Shaggy
D. Scooby-Doo
23. What was the name of the robot that went crazy in the episode, “Foul Play at Funland”?
A. Morris
B. Andrew
C. Bob
D. Charlie
24. True or False, Daphne was often critized for being clumsy. But was Fred also caught up in his own traps?
True
False
25. Daphne was used by Hanna-Barbera as a prototype for other young female characters of her day. Which Hanna-Barbera female character was not modeled after Daphne?
A. Penelope Pitstop
B. Pebbles Flintstone as a teenager
C. Debbie from Speed Buggy
D. Josie from Josie and the Pussycats
26. What year was Scrappy-Doo introduced?
A. 1982
B. 1978
C. 1979
D. 1981
27. What was the episode that featured the gang in winter clothing for the first time?
A. Mystery Mask Mix-Up
B. Jeepers, it’s the Creeper
C. That Snow Ghost
D. Scooby-Doo and a Mummy Too 
28. What was the factor for Daphne to return to the series in 1983?
A. A huge letter writing campaign was done
B. Kids would boycott ABC if they didn’t
C. America’s increasing awareness towards women
D. Hanna-Barbera wanted to
29. What episode did Shaggy eat a Scooby Snack for the first time?
A. A clue for Scooby-Doo
B. Don’t Fool With a Phantom 
C. Decoy for a Dognapper
D. Foul Play at Funland
30. True or False, Scooby-Doo isn’t in the Guinness Book of World Records for the most episodes by an animated series?
True
False
31. True or False, Like Daphne, Fred also was used as a prototype by Hanna-Barbera for young male characters of his day?
True
False
32. In 1973, while helping actor Don Adams, what did Daphne do for the first time?
A. Solve the mystery by herself
B. Agree with Shaggy and Scooby that the place was haunted
C. Drive the Mystery Machine
D. Found all the clues
33. Although all Mystery Inc. humans are technically teenagers, but if they were real people how old would they be approximately?
A. Over 50
B. Over 45
C. Over 60
D. Over 55
34. What Washington D.C. landmark did Mystery Inc. solve a mystery in when they encountered “The Spirits of ‘76”?
A. The White House
B. The Smithsonian Institute
C. The Washington Monument
D. The U. S. Capitol
35. True or False, Mystery Inc. has solved mysteries on all 6 continents?
True
False
36. According to the same fans and books, what is Fred’s height and weight?
A. 6’ 1” 220 LBS
B. 5’ 9” 195 LBS
C. 6’ 4” 250 LBS
D. 5’ 11” 180 LBS
37. How old Scooby-Doo would be if he were a real dog?
A. 275 Years Old
B. 350 Years Old
C. 301 Years Old
D. 295 Years Old
38. True or False, Daphne’s appearance wasn’t altered during “The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo in 1985?
True
False
39. Which Mystery Inc. member has the distinction of being the only one was a considerable suspect in a mystery?
A. Velma
B. Fred
C. Shaggy
D. Daphne
40. In “A Pup Named Scooby-Doo”, what was the name of the kid Freddy always tried to pin the blame on in every mystery?
A. Green Marlin
B. Red Herring
C. Blue Grouper
D. Yellow Lobster
41. Once again the same fans and books believe that Velma’s height and weight is?
A. 4’ 11” 100 LBS
B. 5’ 1’ 105 LBS
C. 4’ 9” 90 LBS
D. 5’ 0” 95 LBS
42. What kind of product did Daphne’s father make a fortune off of?
A. Perfume
B. Bubble Bath
C. Chocolate
D. Oil
43. When Fred and Velma made cameo appearances in 1984, what was Velma’s profession?
A. A congresswoman
B. A scientist at NASA
C. An Olympic gymnast
D. A financial consultant
44. True or False although recently released, Scooby-Doo and the Legend of the Vampire and Scooby-Doo and the Monster of Mexico featured the gang and vehicle in their original images and voices?
True
False
45. Daphne wanted to take pictures to give to which celebrity in “The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries?
A. Jonathan Winters
B. Dick Van Dyke
C. Don Knotts
D. Don Adams
46. True or False, no one else other than Frank Welker has done than the voice of Fred?
True
False
47. What was Daphne’s characteristic in “A Pup Named Scooby-Doo”?
A. A tomboy
B. A spoiled rich brat
C. Nice
D. The same as she was as a teenager
48. What sport was Shaggy good at in high school?
A. Baseball
B. Basketball
C. Football
D. Track
49. Approximately how many episodes has Scooby-Doo done on television?
A. 400
B. 375
C. 300
D. 360
50. Which woman has never done the voice of Velma?
A. Nicole Jaffe
B. Pat Stevens
C. Janet Waldo
D. Mindy Cohn

How do you think you did?   On to The Answers!