Velma's Forum

Return to Forum Index

Webmasters, Sites, and Technical Stuff

freddiefan Comments-

What about the "Ask Velma" columm? When will it be up and running again?

Aug 21, 2008

freddiefan Comments-

When will the "Ask Velma" part of the site be open again?

Jul 3, 2008

freddiefan Comments-

I like your site! How'd you come up with it?

May 29, 2008

freddiefan Comments-

Does Freddie get hurt in every episode you think?

May 29, 2008

freddiefan Comments-

Does Freddie get hurt in every episode you think?
freddiefan

May 29, 2008

Star Comments-

I am a big Scooby Doo fan. I like your site. How did you add pictures to your site?

Apr 1, 2007

Likeglass Comments-

Our system for processing online votes for our Fanfic Contest is called V.E.L.M.A.

which stands for: Vote Enumeration by Logical Math Accumulation. Basically, it looks at the computer casting the vote, and by matrixing several characteristics of the computer, which are automatically sent by the user's browser, determines if it has seen this computer before!

If  VELMA has not, she adds the vote into the running total.

If VELMA thinks she has seen the computer before, she makes careful notes about the clues she found, then passes the information to the webmaster!

Smart Girl!

BTW - She learns as she goes!

Oct 29, 2006

Likeglass Comments-

Yahoo Web hosting has a problem with their FTP services. It started on 10/19/06 and is ongoing at the moment. They are working hard to resolve it as it is system wide. Check the tech thread below for more info.

Oct 22, 2006

Likeglass Comments-

We have added a new chatroom to cover technical issues. Are you having problems building your own website? Post your questions on our new chat forum! Link

Oct 4, 2006

Likeglass Comments-

Several changes have been made in the code over at Velma Chat. I have installed an IP monitor which moderators can use to check for lurkers. Some have indicated that they are worried about Lurkers over on chat. We can see them now!

Oct 3, 2006

Likeglass Comments-

To put a link on Velma chat, start your post with ## and only include your link, like this:
# # h t t p : / / w w w . v e l m a d i n k l y . c o m
(Without the spaces.)
The trick will only work while the room is open and being moderated

May 15, 2006

mike Comments-

Hey John. You can bet I'll be at this part of the forum a lot!

May 14, 2006

Likeglass Comments-

This is a thread for all the technical stuff that boars all the regular Scooby fans. Here is the place to post things like problems with HTML, questions about web hosting, and programming code. Remember, posting HTML itself is filtered out on this forum .

May 13, 2006